Have you been noticing any unwanted stains, chipped teeth or cosmetically ‘different-looking’ teeth in the mirror lately? We can put our teeth through quite a lot through our everyday activities, what we eat and drink, and overall lifestyle choices. Our general oral health upkeep can play a significant role in our teeth and their appearance, but dental veneers may be a plausible solution when some teeth don’t seem to look right.
The Benefits of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers commonly help our patients improve their cosmetic appearance. Although this treatment is temporary, veneers can last quite a while with good oral care. Some benefits of dental veneers include:
- Highly customisable
- Look like surrounding teeth
- Can increase self-esteem
- Effectively cover stains, cracks and other deformities on existing teeth
- Some practices offer different types of veneers made of porcelain or a composite resin
- Can have great longevity if cared for properly
- A great alternative to other procedures that may be more costly
The Down Side of Dental Veneers
Although dental veneers can save the day for some people, there are still some other factors that are worth taking into account:
- Veneers won’t last forever
- Susceptible to stains or damage just like regular teeth
- To maintain clean-looking veneers, patients may need to change their dietary or lifestyle choices (like smoking habits or consumption of wine and coffee)
Despite the cosmetic appearance of some teeth, veneers generally work better if the teeth they cover are in good health. Some patients may require other procedures upon initial consultation. At Alderley Dental, we do our best to give our patients a cosmetic look they desire, and veneers help facilitate the process for many.
Contact Our Dental Clinic in Brisbane
If dental veneers sound like the right choice for you, we invite you to contact our dental clinic and arrange a consultation to speak with our trained dentists about achieving your cosmetic dental goals.