- I’ve always been unhappy with my teeth and don’t like my smile,
- If only I could fix all my teeth – make them straighter and whiter but still look natural and suit my face,
- I wish I could see what my smile makeover looks like first – before getting my teeth worked on.
- With the latest dental technology, you can see your own ‘before/after’ photos and have the smile design makeover you’ve always wanted.
What exactly is a smile design makeover?
Want a smile makeover? At Alderley Dental, we go one step further using an advanced system called Digital Smile Makeover. We use the latest technology called Digital Smile Makeover to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
It’s not just one dental procedure.
Depending on what you want to change about your teeth, your dentist will come up with a comprehensive plan of dental procedures to transform your smile. We go one step further – we have the latest technology to design your new smile and show you what it will look like before we begin any procedures. To do this, we use an advanced system called Digital Smile Makeover. Using visualisation graphics, this digital technology takes away the guesswork and ‘reconstructs’ your smile just the way you want it.
What happens first during a Digital Smile Makeover?
1. Your dentist will make sure your teeth are in good health (no decay or gum disease).
2. We’ll take a look at your individual situation and discuss what you’d like to change about the appearance of your teeth, specifically in the smile zone:
- Wear and chipping
- Missing teeth
- Gummy smile
3. After a full assessment, we’ll begin the process of mocking up your Digital Smile Makeover.
4. Once you’re happy with your smile design, your dentist will come up with a customised treatment plan and timeline to achieve your cosmetic dental goals.
What dental procedures does Digital Smile Makeover involve?
The procedures to achieve your smile design vary depending on the patient's situation. No two smile design makeovers are the same. The procedures could include a combination of: porcelain or composite veneers – to give teeth a new shape, size or colour. Many smile design makeovers only require porcelain veneers (we’ll also use porcelain crowns AKA ‘caps’ if teeth are weak)
Other options for a digital smile makeover could include:
- Porcelain bridges or dental implants – to replace missing teeth
- Tooth coloured fillings or inlays/onlays – to fix minor chips or enamel wear at the gum line
- Teeth whitening – we use a take-home method to brighten your smile
- A gum lift – to improve your gum line
- Orthodontics – if you have major bite or alignment issues
How many appointments will a Digital Smile Makeover take?
A Digital Smile Makeover can take multiple visits. The time it takes to achieve your smile design makeover can vary considerably and depends on how many dental procedures you need and the type. For example, if you were to have dental implants to replace missing teeth, followed by several porcelain veneers, this could take up to six months. If you want your new smile in time for a special occasion, we can talk through whether this is achievable – so book the dentist after you’ve put a deposit on the wedding venue!
Can I make changes to my Digital Smile Makeover before starting dental work?
Yes. You’ll get to approve your 2D smile design, then, we’ll make a rubber mock-up and try it over your teeth. You can tweak this before the dentist begins. During your smile design process, we’ll give you all the options so that you can make informed decisions.
I want my smile to look like this… Should I bring in a photo?
Certainly. To help communicate the smile they want, many of our patients show us their ‘ideal’ smile with photos of celebrities (Julia Roberts is popular).
How much will my smile makeover cost?
Here at Alderley Dental, our dentist are dedicated to helping you achieve your ideal smile design. No dentist can give you a fixed dollar figure. Because your smile design is based on your wants, the cost is specific to you and requires an individual quotation. Naturally, a smile makeover cost will be more than your usual check-up and clean because it requires several dental procedures done over a period of time. We’ll always work with you to meet your budget.
Let’s get you smiling again!
At Alderley Dental, we’ve seen first-hand how a smile design makeover can make a real and positive impact on a patient’s confidence. Talk to our practice manager Amy on 07 3856 2144 about our Digital Smile Makeover special offer, or choose your own appointment time for a consultation.