What are teeth veneers?
Porcelain veneers are dental restorations that resemble thin shells that look like the front of natural teeth.
Porcelain veneers can improve a single tooth or give you an entirely new look. Alderley Dental in Brisbane can help!
People often think of veneers as like little false fingernails that fit over your teeth to improve their appearance. Like false fingernails, veneers are glued to the front of the tooth surface, which remains underneath. The result is that the tooth is not significantly altered, but gains a new appearance – a new shape, size and a whiter colour.
Veneers can close gaps between teeth, make them look more aligned and even add length to worn teeth.
Veneers are more conservative than full crowns and require the removal of less healthy tooth structure. Many patients opt for them on teeth that are visible when they smile.
How do I know if porcelain veneers are right for me?
Veneers are a great dental solution for people who have:
- Crooked or uneven teeth or teeth alignment
- Chipped or irregular teeth
- Gaps or uneven spacing between teeth
- Discoloured or stained teeth or fillings when tooth whitening is not an option
- Veneers can give your face a younger, fuller appearance and complement your facial structure for natural-looking results.
If your teeth are too weakened for veneers, we can recommend alternative such as dental crowns.