As time goes by, everyone’s teeth get stained from the foods and drinks that we love, such as coffee, dark teas, berries and red wine.
The good news is that teeth whitening is a great way to get rid of many of these stains. However, not all teeth whitening products out there are made equal.
Read on to find out more about teeth whitening, and the options available for you at the dentist, and to take home.
In-chair teeth whitening
If you’re short on time and want fast results, then in-chair teeth whitening is your best option. At Alderley Dental, we use the Phillips Zoom in-chair whitening system. This uses a blue LED light to deliver significantly whiter teeth in under an hour.
The in-chair whitening process
Having your teeth whitened in our dental clinic is quick, easy and safe.
- Your mouth will be prepared for whitening, and a layer of whitening gel will be applied to your teeth.
- We will position a blue LED light onto your teeth to help speed up the whitening process.
- We will apply the gel three times over the course of 45 minutes.
- Once your teeth are nice and white, we will apply some post-treatment gel onto your teeth to protect the enamel and reduce any sensitivity.
We will be by your side during the whole process and can customise the intensity of the LED light if you experience sensitivity.
At-home teeth whitening
There are plenty of whitening products you can buy online or in the shops, but you won’t get the same results when compared to the at-home teeth whitening products you can get from a dentist.
When your dentist prepares an at-home teeth whitening treatment for you, you’ll have a product that is customised to perfectly fit your teeth and to provide the results that you want.
At-home teeth whitening does take longer than in-chair whitening, with results not typically seen for up to 2-3 weeks.
The at-home teeth whitening process
By opting for a take-home teeth whitening kit from Alderley Dental, you’ll receive a product that is tailored to your exact requirements.
- We take impressions of your top and bottom teeth to create your customised whitening trays.
- You will receive the trays, whitening gel and detailed instructions from our staff,
- You can then commence whitening in the comfort of your home when you are watching TV, or relaxing at home.
- You can build up the use of the trays from 1-2 hours at a time to sleeping with it if you don’t feel any sensitivity.
- You will start seeing some results after a week, with the final result taking 2-3 weeks.
We know everyone wants whiter teeth, which is why we have created the Alderley Dental Teeth Whitening for Life program.
The program consists of both in-chair teeth whitening and take-home teeth whitening to maintain your whiter, brighter teeth.
- You book in for a check-up and clean with in-chair whitening
- You receive a complimentary take-home whitening kit, customised for your teeth and whitening requirements
- If you attend our dental practice every 6 months for a dental check-up and clean, we’ll refill your whitening gel each visit – for life!
Want whiter teeth?
It’s important that before you start any teeth whitening process, you should get a thorough dental clean to remove any stubborn plaque or tartar first. This means you’ll start off with a clean slate and end up with even better results at the end.
To find out more about our Teeth Whitening for Life program, call our friendly team on 07 3856 2144.